Amilia is a lobbyist representing KP’s clients on various environmental regulatory, legislative, and policy issues. She is an attorney with 20 years of experience in environmental law and policy, including in the public and private sector. Before joining KP in 2022, Amilia worked as an attorney for the State of California, including as Chief Counsel for the Department of Toxic Substances Control and as a Deputy Legislative Counsel for the Office of Legislative Counsel. Amilia also previously worked as an environmental law attorney with the law firm of Downey Brand LLP, and as a legal research attorney with the Superior Court of California, County of Sacramento.
- Served as an attorney with the Office of Legislative Counsel drafting legislation and providing legal advice to members of the Legislature regarding existing and proposed state laws related to air and water quality, hazardous waste, hazardous substances, recycling, forestry and fire prevention, climate change, greenhouse gases, and the California Environmental Quality Act.
- Served as an attorney with the Department of Toxic Substances Control advising the department, the California Environmental Protection Agency, and the Governor’s Office on issues including hazardous waste laws, regulations, and policies, including enforcement and litigation.
- Served as a Senior Legal Research Attorney for the Superior Court of California, County of Sacramento, specializing in writs of mandate.
- Served as an environmental law attorney with the law firm of Downey Brand LLP in the firm’s former Environmental Law Practice Group.
- Member of the State Bar of California
- Member of the Sacramento County Bar Association
- Former member of the Unity Bar of Sacramento
- Former member and officer of the Asian/Pacific Bar Association of Sacramento
- Former member of the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, Juris Doctor, With Great Distinction
- University of California at Berkeley, Bachelor of Arts, Highest Honors, Sociology