Marlon Lara joined KP in 2022 bringing with him expertise in the legislative process, stakeholder and constituent engagement, and government affairs. He has extensive background in bill analysis, policy development and stakeholder communication. He also has experience leading briefings, press conferences, presentations and public/ intergovernmental meetings.
- Advised and coordinated Executive-level briefings with California state agencies for implementation of the Capital Outlay Plan, which includes renovation of state buildings over several years with new infrastructure investments, valued over $2B.
- Drafted and managed dozens of bills signed into law by the Governor to strengthen public health, public infrastructure, and workforce retention.
- Proposed and managed a $750,000 state grant for the Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sacramento, CA. The funding helped close the gap for 13 affordable housing units.
- Coordinated stakeholder meetings for Kevin Johnson when he was Mayor of Sacramento, before completion of the Golden 1 Center. The project involved high levels of local controversy and the public had to be educated to understand the public benefits of the new building.
- Bachelor’s degree, Political Science and Urban Planning, University of California, San Diego
- Associates of Arts, Political Science, Sacramento City College
- Nehemiah Emerging Leaders Program