Mike is a member of KP’s lobbying practice. He has 43 years of experience in the policy areas of wastewater, water recycling, and wastewater-related energy production. Additionally, Mike has represented the interests of ski resort owners and operators, the veterinary medical profession, education clients, and California’s public libraries at the State Capitol for almost 40 years. He has extensive expertise and significant success with advocacy efforts related to the State Budget process, on behalf of his numerous clients, including securing more than $1.3 billion in total in K-12 equalization funding for so-called “low wealth schools” in successive Budgets. He obtained legislative passage and Governor’s approval for three major statewide library construction bond measures.
- Former President of Michael F. Dillon and Associates, a private, contract lobbying firm in Sacramento
- Represents the California Ski Industry Association, County Sanitation Districts of Los Angeles, California Library Association, and California Veterinary Medical Association
- Served as the former Executive Director for the California Association of Sanitation Agencies; currently serves as CASA’s state contract lobbyist
- Served as the former Executive Director and lobbyist for the Association of Low Wealth Schools for 40 years, as well as lobbyist for the California County Superintendents of Schools for 30 years.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from California State University, Chico, where he was President of the Student Body
- CORO Fellowship in Public Affairs, San Francisco program
621 Capitol Mall, Suite 1900
Sacramento, CA 95814